- Strong DE - inside move to A gap
- Nose - Opposite A gap
- DT - B gap vs. the run, contain vs. pass
- Weak DE - C gap vs. run, Curl-Flat drop vs. Pass
- Sam - Underneath the 1st blocker
- SS - walk down and blitz outside, spill vs. run, contain vs. pass
- M & B - Vertical Hook
- FS - Hold disguise, Strong side Deep 1/2
- Strong Corner - Soft Squat
- Weak Corner - 1/2 Inside Man #1
The coverage 2 Z is a cover 2 concept vs. 2 back sets and is checked to cover "Z" vs. a split #2 weak. Cover "Z" is a 3 under 3 deep fire zone coverage.
vs. Split #2 weak
The playbook does not diagram the adjustment to a 3 x 1 formation strong but does say the Vertical Hook dropping inside linebackers have the trips adjustment.