One page 144 Lebeau defines the 3RH drop.
3 RECEIVER HOOK - HOOK PLAYER WORKS TO SIDE OF 3RD RELEASER INTO PATTERN. ZONE OFF THE 3 INSIDE RECEIVERS WITH SEAM PLAYERS. 10 YARD DEPTH RULE.
BE ALERT FOR FAST CROSSERS THREE RECEIVER HOOK WILL DELIVER FAST CROSSERS TO NEXT DEFENDER (YOU MAY TAKE THE CROSSER ALL THE WAY). 3 RECEIVER HOOK PLAYER WILL NEVER STRETCH THE VERTICAL ROUTES.
Based on the rules and diagrams in the playbook here is my analysis of the 3RH drop.
If #3 Blocks:
- Drop with Depth (Max of 10 yards) over the #3 receiver. Be aware of the check release.
- Be ready for fast crossers and in routes being delivered by the Seams droppers.
- Have your head on a swivel and listen for communication from the Seam players.
If #3 goes vertical:
- Carry vertical do not stretch with vertical route.
- Be alert for fast crosser from #2 and be ready to carry and deliver(Look for reduced splits)
If #3 goes out:
- Communicate out cut to Seam player
- Expand an find the first inside breaking route.
- You may have to carry and deliver a fast crosser from #1 or #2.
- Be alert of the slash/flat combo (Look for reduced splits)
If #3 releases across the formation:
- Carry and Deliver the crosser to the Seam Player